Thursday 7 February 2013

[Haul/Review] Parks, Masks and Thoughts on Princess Etoinette Brushes

Hey again \(^o^)/

Yes, yes second post for the day but the earlier post was supposed last night's post and now here is today's post!

I went to the city this morning for a job interview but typical me, I was early. So I just went for a little walk near by because I love going for a walk around the CBD; it has such a nice atmosphere. Plus I can't keep still for too long.

And soon enough I stumbled upon this cute little park, the Flagstaff Gardens, to chill out and enjoy the morning air before my interview. Actually I've been here once before for a university orientation thing but I never really appreciated its beauty then.


It has such a nice atmosphere and is really pretty. I really wished I had brought a book just to complete the atmosphere but I was listening to a group called Raspberry Field so that was close enough.


I even saw an old cute asian couple go around the track a couple of times. It was so adorable. A couple of people were also seen jogging along the pathway and even a chick and her personal trainer were working out on the lawn. Ahh nature <3 It's nice to appreciate the small things in life every now and again.


Some people were even camping out here o.0


Fast forward to lunch and I finally tried a bahn mi (vietnamese roll) from Roll'd at QV. I payed $6.60AUD and the queue to pick up your order was massive. I've had many bahn mi before and this was a let down. They took too long, the space was cramped and it wasn't worth its money. Normally I pay around $2.50AUD for it and it's amazing. This... not so much. Bread wasn't fresh and the flavour of the chicken was overpowering the entire roll. Well least I tried it.


After lunch I decided to pop by this asian store called the Pudgy Panda to see if they had any new masks in, and they did! I was sooo tempted to buy 10 cause they had this little deal going on, 10 for $18AUD but considering I already had a couple of masks at home and they were only $2AUD each, I thought I'd just buy five and comeback later if I really wanted more.

They're from the Taiwanese company My Beauty Diary and I've heard they're the best around. I've used a couple before but not on a frequent basis cause recently they haven't had much of these ones in stock. I've tried the natto one before and so I thought I'd give some others ago. The masks I got were a hyaluronic acid moisturizing, lemon vit-c, caviar, black pearl and collagen firming. I'm so excited I can just buy these locally instead of having to buy online and waiting around for them. They each have specific traits, I might do a review of each one as I use them. I only use them weekly cause I can't really afford to use them every day or every 2 - 3 days T___T




And now for my Etude House Haul ^____^

I actually cannot believe how soon they arrived in the mail. I wasn't expecting them till mid-next week but kpoptown delivers (just click on the link to visit the site where I got these from). They're a really reliable seller and sometimes even cheaper than other stores, but then there's shipping T___T (and no I'm not being paid to endorse them).

As soon as I saw these brushes from the Etude House Princess Collection I just had to have it. It comes in the cutest packaging ever! How could you not want it?! I really want the blushers but sadly they're a bit out of my price range. Actually I just want the entire collection but I'm so poor these days. Urgh just look at how pretty that box is.

I also bought a foundation brush cause I thought I'd give it a go. Normally I just use a sponge or if I'm pressed for time I just use my hands.



Just check out that pouch for the brushes, and the ribbon! It's like every girly girl's dream to own. It has such a nice texture too. Well except maybe the rose gold trimming, that could have been done a bit nicer. Maybe metal? Idk I still love it.


The brush set comes with a powder brush, a last touch brush and a lip gradation tip. I actually can't get over how pretty each brush is! Ahh the handles, and the pink tips. SO gorgeous >__< All their brushes come with a brush cover which is nice cause it can help to keep bacteria away. And the brushes, so soft! I really can't wait to use them.

The powder brush, that's pretty straight forward: used for powders, blushes even highlighters. The last touch brush was a lot thicker than I expected it to be. Not sure if I will use it, but I'll experiment. I can use it to fix up any streaky makeup or even to apply a touch of blush or highlighter. The lip gradation is pretty cool. It's a sponge type tip that can be used for that gradation effect on lips. I can use it with my new Tony Moly Tony Tint or even lipstick, like the Etoinette Crystal Shine Lips which is on its way hehe.


There's even a smaller space to fit some more brushes! But I can't fit my new foundation brush in there so maybe some smaller brushes can fit in there like my eye brushes. I'm not really a fan of the inside colour. It's a bit too brown-green for me.


Look how pretty my brushes look ^___^


This is my other Etude House brush, it's a Dual Fibre brush. It's such a versatile brush, I love it! It can be used for blushes, highlighters, even foundation for that so called 'air brushed' look. I'm slowly building up my Etude House Brush set. I really love their simplistic design and size. I'm a bit scared to use my new Etoinette brushes cause they're so pretty but how can you not use them?!



Oh oh and I really want that rose brush, although I don't really need it. It's gonna be the biggest struggle to not buy everything else in the set. Maybe if I buy just one blusher or highlighter then that'll be enough....

Until next time

Much loves
Miss Lucy Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment